TV's Effects on Kids
Who doesn't like to watch TV? TV is the most popular entertainment in the world, not only because it is affordable but it is also convenience, just have a multiple entertainment at home that's it.
TV has many viewers from all range of ages. from kids; teens; adult until elderly love to watch.
TV is the most information resources whether local and world news people will look for, up dating technology, science info, education, knowledge and entertainment.
But, as good thing comes along with bad thing, TV also can bring bad influence to us, kids and teens especially. It comes to be bad when you don't know how to clarify what's on TV clearly, can't divide which is wrong or right, and it is mostly happened to kids who don't understand yet what's on. Even sometimes we got wrong message of assuming news news on TV in half way, without full in detail.
Kids with their limited experience in life need us as parent to describe. Be their companion as their censor and interpreter, even for a cartoon movie. But don't feed the kids with TV all the time, because TV is ready made knowledge that doesn't bring creativity in mind comparing with free play and outdoor activities.
And TV is not for infant and toddler consumed, research show aggressiveness more than those who don't watch TV. Consistent, heavy television viewing (more than two hours a day) throughout early childhood can cause behavior, sleep and attention problems.
Don't let our kids watch TV on adult session which exposure sex and violence; movies with fright; crime; stun and special effects, that kids will never understand nor tolerance to it.
How to deal with you kids watching TV's habit:
- Set limit of TV uses, only in free time and not more than 2hours.
- Plan what to watch, don't flip the channel.
- Be their interpreter of what they watch.
- Find the right messages.
- Explain to them the purpose of commercial break.
- Take a qualify movie, check it before you buy or rent it.
- Give other option than watching TV, like reading or ever positive thing they like.
- Make your self as a role model by limiting TV watching.
- Express your view for misleading or inappropriate on TV.
- Get more information about safe TV session for kids.